We are devoted in our quest to deliver a customer service experience that far exceeds your expectation.
Upon analysing some feedback from our customers during the past Customer Satisfaction Surveys and as part of our continuous effort in satisfying our customers, we have revised our Customer Charter for better service quality.
We are committed in our quest to deliver a customer service experience that far exceeds your expectation. In doing so, we have improved our delivery standards and we are proud to present you the following:
Providing a New Supply
Supply connection of new account (for low-voltage customers only), will be within 1 working day from the date of appointment, or we will rebate RM50 from your next bill.
Complaints on Interruption of Supply
Necessary action will be taken within 24 hours of receiving your complaint.
Restoring a Supply
If your electricity supply fails due to a fault in our distribution system, we aim to restore the supply as follows:
- Minor faults (i.e. fuse, isolator, meter, etc.) in not more than 2 hours, or we will rebate RM30 from your next bill.
- Major faults (all major faults except that involving our Main Distribution Substations, which distribute energy to the same customers) in not more than 24 hours, or we will rebate RM30 from your next bill.
Planned Interruption to a Supply
Customers will be notified at least 7 working days prior to the interruption.
Notice on a Disconnection of Supply
- Failure to pay your bill within 30 days after receiving your electricity bill. We will inform you within 3 working days before disconnection.
- Failure to pay any additional deposit within 30 days after receipt of a claim for us. We will inform you within 3 working days before disconnection.
Reconnection Of Supply
Upon full settlement of the entire outstanding amount by 5pm, we will reconnect the electricity supply wihtin the same day or we will rebate RM50 from your next bill for low voltage and RM120 for medium voltage. Reconnection charges have been waived since November 2001.
99.9% availability (maximum allowable interruption of electrical supply - 45 minutes/month)
- Dual Feeder Supply scheme up to 33kV (Commercial and Industrial Tariff Customers). Supply scheme on the following terms:
- Only when both the MUSB feeders are down, then it is considered as interruption of supply.
- Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS) shall be installed at customer's end (Low Voltage System), MUSB shall not be liable if the ATS is not working.
- Installation of SCADA system.
- The service availability charter is not applicable if breakdown occurs at the source supply at Generation and/or Transmission level/system.
Average Bills Issuance
We will estimate your bill only if there is a meter fault or system error. However, average bills will not be issued for more than 1 month continuously, or we will rebate RM30 from your next bill.
Bill Dispute Resolution
A maximum of 5 working days period for bill dispute resolution's process.
- If a low voltage meter is proven not accurate, we will change the meter within 2 hours upon appointment made, or we will rebate RM20 from your next bill.
- If a large power customer’s meter/the system meter is proven not accurate, we will change the meter and/or the metering components within the duration agreed by both the customer and us, or we will rebate RM40 from your next bill.
Meter Testing and/or Inspection
Within 1 working day or as per customer’s request date.
Written Queries or E-mail
All complaints or queries with regards to your bills or account will be attended to within 5 working days from the date of receipt of your written complaint or query.
Queries by Phone
If we are unable to answer any of your queries immediately over the phone, any updates or further information regarding your query will be provided within 24 hours.
Deposit Refund (Account Termination)
When you terminate your contract with us and upon settlement of your account, we will return your deposit (if any) within 30 days. If we fail to do so, we will pay you RM30 in cash.
The Energy Commission has been notified of this Customer Charter.
Any queries or request for information can be forwarded to our address at:
Malakoff Utilities Sdn. Bhd.
Suite 4-G-A, Ground Floor
Block 4, Jalan Stesen Sentral 5
50470 Kuala Lumpur
Fax No. 03 – 2263 3366
Customer Help Desk: 603 2273 5888 from 8.45 am to 1.00 pm and 2.00 pm to 5.15 pm during weekdays.
Where We Are Located
Located at Suite 4-G-A, Ground Floor, Block 4, Plaza Sentral, Jalan Stesen Sentral 5, 50470 Kuala Lumpur to provide convenience and efficient services to our customers.
Cheque Drop Box
- Located at Suite 4-G-A, Ground Floor, Block 4, Plaza Sentral, Jalan Stesen Sentral 5, 50470 Kuala Lumpur.
- Level 4, Block B, Suasana Sentral Condominium, Kuala Lumpur Sentral.
- The Lobby, near Management Office, Suasana Sentral Loft Condominium, Kuala Lumpur Sentral.
The Convenience of Payments During Weekend
For the convenience of payments during weekends or public holidays, customers may drop off their cheques at the Cheque Drop Box, Malakoff Utilities Sdn. Bhd., Suite 4-G A, Ground Floor, Block 4, Plaza Sentral, Jalan Stesen Sentral 5, 50470 Kuala Lumpur. We will continuously add more payment options.
Our Customer Care Counter is open from Monday to Friday:
8.45am - 1.00pm / 2.00pm - 5.15pm
Please be informed that we are closed on weekends and public holiday.
Tel : 603 2273 5888 Fax : 603 2263 3366
Office: Suite 4-G-A, Ground Floor, Block 4, Plaza Sentral, Jalan Stesen Sentral 5, 50470 Kuala Lumpur